Cheers Sexy People!
Hello, Loving Without Boundaries (LWB) community! My heart goes out to you during these challenging times. I hope you are doing your best to keep safe. Sharing inspirational stories of hope, inclusion, and healthy lifestyles are more important than ever. If you are looking for ways to connect loved ones you are separated from, check out this blog post that I shared last month. On to another inspiring story…
I am delighted to share my latest podcast interview that I released recently with black polyamorous activist, Chaneé Jackson Kendall. What a powerhouse of positivity and amazingness this lovely human being is! Chaneé has joyfully created a show with me on the LWB podcast before on Episode 115 – and what a great interview that one was! This episode is excellent and highly educational as well, and does not disappoint. Though I will say I am disappointed that I was not able to meet Chaneé at Southwest Love Fest 2020 and Black Poly Pride DC. Due to the COVID-19 virus, many of our polyamorous events have been postponed or canceled all together. Black Poly Pride is no different, and has been postponed until June 10-13, 2021. Mark your calendars now! I am honored to give Chaneé a voice today more than ever! Please share this episode FAR and WIDE, and join the conversation! Chaneé! I love you, lady! Thank you for all of your energy, efforts, and fantastic activism towards normalizing polyamory and giving black poly folks and all people of color a voice in the community!
Here is Chaneé Jackson Kendall’s Bio:
Chaneé Jackson Kendall is a Black polyamorous educator, speaker, activist, and event planner. A 32-year old native Atlantan, she lives in a western suburb of Atlanta with her partners and co-parents. She is the proud Mama of the most adorable four year old in the world. She has openly identified as non-monogamous for the past decade, and polyamorous for the past 8 years. She discovered the online polyamorous community in 2012 and has been an active, and often outspoken member ever since. As the owner of several small businesses, she brings an entrepreneurial spirit to everything she does. She is one of the Admins of Black & Poly and the co-founding Admin of Young, Black & Poly. She volunteers a lot of her time to polyamorous education, outreach, and activism. Chaneé is passionate about normalizing polyamory as a relationship orientation or relationship choice. In addition to programming for Young Voices at PolyDallas Millennium 2020. Her heart is totally devoted to co-planning the 2nd Annual Black Poly Pride; a celebration of the Black polyamorous lovestyle which will take place in Washington, D.C. June 10-13. 2021.
Some topics we discuss in this fun, informative, and entertaining interview:
- Chaneé discusses the necessity of creating a safe space for shining a spotlight on the various faces of the polyamory community, including black people. There is a stereotype that polyamory is mostly white people, yet there is a rainbow of colors in the poly community.
- The theme for the 2020 Black Poly Pride DC was scheduled to be “Black Polyamory: A Revolutionary Act” to highlight black people living their lives unapologetically as a revolutionary and rebellious act.
- Chaneé very generously educates me about black history and how in years past, black people could not make their own decisions about how they built family, pro-created, and how during slavery families were more about functionality versus love and joy. I am humbled by the thoughts that she shared, and deeply saddened as I imagined what life was life for black people who had to live such horrors against their will. Wow! I feel so much more enlightened and educated thanks to Chaneé’s generosity.
- We discuss ancestral trauma and how that affects generations of people. The work that Chaneé and Black Poly Pride are doing truly are revolutionary, essential and so incredibly needed at this scary time in history. Chaneé! I stand with you, all black polyamorous people, and all people of color today more than ever! I am sending big healing love and light your way!
- She shares how Black Poly Pride is not just another conference – it will help us all think deeply, reflect on trauma/loss, and remind us of our shared humanity, no matter what our skin color is.
- Tune in to listen to this illuminating podcast episode!
Thank you Chaneé, for being so awesomely generous with your time, for your passion in supporting the Black Poly Pride DC event, and for sharing your wisdom and insights with us via the podcast interview! It was enlightening, entertaining, and so fun! Find out more at the website blackpolypride.com, and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @blackpolypride.
To hear the podcast, go to the Podcast link here and subscribe to the Loving Without Boundaries podcast, then check out Episode 140 with Chaneé. Also, please help spread awareness of alternative lifestyles and create more tolerance for consensual non-monogamy in the world at large by Rating and Reviewing the LWB podcast in iTunes. It only takes a few minutes.
If you would like to be interviewed either in written form or via audio on the podcast, please feel free to contact me and we will set something up. Thank you!
The Loving Without Boundaries podcast is sponsored by AltPlayground.net.
ANNOUNCEMENT — GUEST PODCAST APPEARANCES
I recently have had the honor of being featured on this awesome podcast:
Shameless Sex Podcast with Amy and April – Episode 143, January 28, 2020
Check it out! We talk about all things jealousy, consensual non-monogamy, and living an alternative lifestyle while maintaining healthy relationships. Tune in to find out more!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT OFFER – We have exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page. Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Right on, let’s do it! Want monthly “Hangouts” with yours truly and other patrons? Cool! Let’s do it! It’s all there! Come join us, and enjoy exclusive content made just for you, our patrons of this work!
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY ONLINE
Free LWB Facebook Group for Healthy, Sex Positive, Open Relationships — Ready to explore healthy, connected (and virtually jealousy-free) open relationships? It’s all possible – especially when surrounded by a community of people already doing it. There’s an abundance of rock star information posted in the group daily by our amazing members. We create a safe place to engage that’s fun and thrilling! Click here and request to join our free group!
UPCOMING POLY-FRIENDLY EVENTS
SDC Lifestyle Croatian Cruise 2020 — Presenter (August 29–September 5, 2020; Royal Caribbean Boutique Cruise Ship; Venice, Italy) – Tickets are Limited! Get yours here!
PolyDallas Millennium 2020 — POSTPONED to the fall of 2020. Come join me and other amazing folks at this year’s PolyDallas! I will be there signing copies of my book, recording podcast interviews, and generally supporting the amazing founder Ruby B. Johnson.
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)
Need more specific help aligning your relationships with who you are?
** Discover Your Core Values & Create More Meaning in Your Love Life **
Are you feeling a little lost, challenged, or uninspired in your relationships and would love some guidance on your journey?
Our Free Breakthrough Session Call is a great place to start your path of discovery, so you can have more loving and intimate relationships that inspire you! Whether you’re already non-monogamous, involved with someone who is, or “poly-curious” and wondering if non-monogamy might be right for you, I work with people struggling with every aspect of multiple intimate relationships.