Cheers Sexy People!
Happy Wednesday, Loving Without Boundaries gang! I’m thrilled to share my latest podcast interview with the amazing Page Turner, that I have had the honor to meet in person at the last two Beyond The Love (BTL) conferences I’ve attended. Actually, she and I will meet again at this upcoming BTL 2018 just days away. Whoohoo! Page has authored two books on polyamory (featured below) as well as founded the popular daily polyamory website Poly.Land AND is a relationship coach in the poly and kink communities. Wow, what a rock star! She has been having formally polyamorous relationships for about a decade.
Prior to working in the realm of alternative relationships, Page was a psychological researcher (the studies she conducted were on creativity, sexual orientation, and stereotypes) before becoming an organizational development manager for a psychological consulting firm.
She shared with me that – “believe it or not, the psychology of workplaces translates really well to polyamorous relationships systems — friction between metamours can be a lot like that between coworkers, as can be the fight over resources, time, etc. And there’s so much more research that’s been done in workplaces (companies fund it because workplace strife hurts their bottom line) than in relationships of any sort — and certainly when you limit that to alternative ones (consensually non-monogamous, kink, LGBTQ, etc).”
No matter what, Page (unbelievably!) posts a new article to Poly.Land every day. It’s important to her because there weren’t nearly as many resources when she was struggling a decade ago as a newly polyamorous person. She likes to “give readers something they can look forward to every day, especially if they’re stressed out and struggling to adjust to being polyamorous in a monogamocentric culture. In a way, I try to be the polyamorous friend/pen pal that I wish I’d had when I was newly poly.” Wow, how awesome and caring of her! Yes!
It is truly an honor to know Page, enjoy her company in person annually at BTL, and enjoy the quiet comfort of knowing this superhero is out in the world right now sharing her wisdom with all of us! Thank you, Page! You are AWESOME!
To learn more, here is her bio:
Her alter-ego is an award-winning poet and playwright who works as a relationship coach in the poly and kink communities.
No matter what she’s doing, she draws upon her professional background in psychological research as well as her unapologetically random sense of humor.
Prior to her days as a coach, she worked as a jazz musician, editor, newspaper reporter, medical transcriptionist, and organizational development consultant.
She was born in the Maine woods and lives in the Cleveland suburbs with her husband Justin, her two cats Ratface and Bela, and her two birds Buddy and Galileo.
She blogs daily at her website, Poly Land.
Some topics we discuss in this educational, highly interesting, and interesting interview:
— How she first learned about polyamory from a friend of hers (who she later developed a crush on), and how she overcame her own judgmental attitudes back then.
— How she feared the loss of your cherished relationship with her husband after she embarked into a polyamorous lifestyle.
— Page dives into details about her life where she struggled with depression, as well as her marriage and the journey that sent her on.
— Page explains how she honors the parts of her life where she made lots of mistakes, learned from them the hard way, and developed resiliency.
— How one of her challenges early on in her polyamorous journey stemmed around worrying she was “short-changing her partners” by dating multiple people, thus not giving enough quality attention to each partner.
— One of her phrases that resonates with her is “It’s ok if we both have baggage – you just need to have a matching set.”
— How she has leftover guilt and perfectionism from growing up in an Irish Catholic family.
— How in her opinion, honest, open communication can be harder than it sounds. She shares an experience where details of her medical care were shared non-consensually and how that impacted her. We discuss where the line is between privacy versus disclosure.
CHECK OUT Page’s Amazing Books on Polyamory:
1) “A Geek’s Guide to Unicorn Ranching” — Here are some things the guide covers:
• The steps you should take before opening up your relationship to make sure you’re on the same page
• How to set a relationship agreement (including examples of actual relationship agreements)
• The different kinds of polyamorous relationship structures and systems
• Common pitfalls newly poly couples face and how to avoid them
• The high-success method for dating poly people
• Effective ways to manage jealousy and insecurity
3) Keep Your Eye Out for her Upcoming Book: “Dealing with Difficult Metamours”
Thank you Page, for being so awesomely generous with your time; for your polyamorous activist work and books; and for sharing your wisdom and insights with us via the podcast interview! It was enlightening, energetic, and so fun! Follow Page’s work and adventures at Poly.Land where she posts daily articles (WOW!), and on Facebook and Twitter @polydotland.
To hear the podcast, go to the Podcast link here and subscribe to the Loving Without Boundaries podcast, and check out Episode 96 with Page. Also, please help spread awareness of alternative lifestyles and create more tolerance for consensual non-monogamy in the world at large by Rating and Reviewing the Loving Without Boundaries podcast in iTunes. It only takes a few minutes.
If you would like to be interviewed either in written form or via audio on the podcast, please feel free to contact me and we will set something up. Thank you!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT OFFER – We continue to have some exciting goings on here at Loving Without Boundaries (LWB). We now have exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page for those who choose to become a patron. Please visit the link to check out how you can come join the party over at Patreon! Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Want to dig deeper into the community and your fellow poly folk? Right on, let’s do it! Want free coaching sessions? It’s all there! Come join us, and enjoy exclusive content made just for you, our patrons of this work!
NOTE: Soon I will be offering a monthly group “hangout” and coaching call for all of our podcast patrons at any level that are above $1 a month. If you are supporting the podcast, I am supporting you on your journey. Come join us and meet like-minded folks on the same journey you are!
1) Free LWB Facebook Group for Healthy, Sex Positive, Open Relationships — Ready to explore healthy, deeply connected (and virtually jealousy-free) open relationships? It’s all possible – especially when surrounded by a community of people already doing it. Many in newly open relationships experience roller coaster emotions of jealousy, insecurity, and feel alone on their journey. That’s why I created this free Facebook group where people are coming together to share actionable tips for succeeding in multiple loving relationships, explore deeper love, and find mutual understanding and support. There’s an abundance of rock star information posted in the group daily by our amazing members. We create a safe place to engage that’s fun and thrilling! Click here and request to join our free group!
2) Beyond The Love (BTL) (Columbus, Ohio), November 9–11, 2018 — Beyond The Love is a 3-day polyamory convention in Columbus, Ohio, held yearly. They are in our sixth year and focus on education, workshops, social activities, meeting other polyamory people, and fun! From their website: “Falling in love is the easy part. But what happens after that? Beyond The Love’s mission is to provide an opportunity for the polyamorous community to come together in an educational and social forum. At Beyond the Love you will find a wealth of classes, workshops and mini events to learn tools, techniques and communication skills to enhance our poly relationships. We provide a safe environment for meeting with other like-minded people in a supportive and inclusive community. We welcome all those living a poly lifestyle or considering doing so. We are passionate about recognizing poly as a relationship choice and sharing common experiences on our many different paths. We hope you’ll join us and share yours!” NOTE: I will not only be presenting two workshops at BTL, I will also be the Keynote Speaker Friday night! Come join us at this fun polyamorous conference! AND Page Turner will be there as well!
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)
Need more specific help aligning your relationships with who you are?
** Discover Your Core Values & Create More Meaning in Your Love Life **
Are you feeling a little lost, challenged, or uninspired in your relationships and would love some guidance on your journey?
Our Free Breakthrough Session Call is a great place to start your path of discovery, so you can have more loving and intimate relationships that inspire you! And our “Discover Your Path to Fulfillment in Open Relationships” coaching packages are a deeper-dive into the topic of self-discovery with alternative relationships, with a one-on-one guide to achieve maximum results in your life. Whether you’re already non-monogamous, involved with someone who is, or “poly-curious” and wondering if non-monogamy might be right for you, I work with people struggling with every aspect of multiple intimate relationships.