Cheers Sexy People!
I am super duper stoked to share my latest podcast interview with you that I recorded with the amazing, the talented, the uber creative and uber cool, Tikva Wolf! I feel so incredibly fortunate to have come to get to know this awesome human being who started her public polyamorous activism right around the time that I did. What an interesting journey it has been for both of us, and I’m thrilled that our paths eventually crossed. Fate rocks! I first met Tikva in person at the 2016 Beyond The Love conference, then we saw each other again (twice!) last year. So flipping cool! Tikva is extremely easy to be around, to talk to, and to giggle with at all of life’s hilarity – whether one is polyamorous, monogamous, queer, straight, or “whatevs”. I am thrilled to see Tikva soon at other upcoming events this year. Some days, it is nice just knowing that we are on the same (east) coast. Tikva, you warm my heart, rock my world, make me grin from ear to ear, and I just love you so damn much! Thanks for this fantastically cool interview! I love your bravery, and your compassion and desire to help others on their respective journeys.
Here is Tikva’s Bio:
Kimchi Cuddles is a webcomic spreading awareness about poly, queer, and genderqueer issues in the most hilarious way possible, drawing from real life stories and experiences. Tikva Wolf has been drawing ever since she could hold a crayon, and comes from a long line of love-activists. What she primarily cares about in art (and life) is connecting to people, creating dialogue, and spreading awareness. She’s always taken delight in making people laugh, and in doing so also unveiling hidden perspectives. She uses humor as a way of encouraging others to deeply see themselves and each other.ly and nationally, and she’s a strong advocate for visibility and unity.
Some topics we discuss in this riveting, educational as well as entertaining interview:
— How Tikva reacted when my beloved referred to them (as part of the panel we were on) as a “woman” at the “Consider This” event.
— What gender dysphoria is and what it means to Tikva.
— How language/vocabulary helped Tikva out as they were growing up, and how it creates both empathy and healing.
— What Tikva finds so rewarding about creating their webcomic and their “why” around conceiving it in the first place.
— What Tikva means when they describe their gender fluidity as being “up” and “down”.
— How Tikva feels seen and respected when they are referred to by their preferred pronouns.
— Feeling like a burden versus having your preferred pronouns being “normalized” and accepted.
— Cos-play, pegging, strap-ons, and other sexual paraphernalia.
— How Tikva loves humor to reduce anxiety around awkward moments.
— How being weird (as we all are in some way) is totally normal and cool!
— How Tikva used to believe that everyone was bi-sexual and polyamorous, and thus identical to them (and everyone else was in denial).
— How Tikva uses Patreon as a way to celebrate and speak to their biggest fans, including offering custom KimchiCuddles holiday gift portraits!
Kimchi Cuddles is a webcomic spreading awareness about poly, queer, and genderqueer issues, drawing from real life stories and experiences. With a focus on alternative relationships and family structures, Kimchi Cuddles’ authentic vulnerability is deeply relatable to anyone.
Author of the books Ask Me About Polyamory and Love, Retold, Tikva Wolf comes from a long line of love-activists. What Tikva primarily cares about in art (and life) is connecting to people, creating dialogue, and spreading awareness. Having always taken delight in making people laugh, and in doing so also unveiling hidden perspectives, Tikva uses humor as a way of encouraging others to deeply see themselves and each other.
Thank you Tikva, for being so awesomely generous with your time, for your kickass and spectacular creative work with the webcomic KimchiCuddles, for sharing your wisdom and insights with us via the podcast interview! It was informative, inspirational, and so fun! Follow Tikva’s webcomic at her website, KimchiCuddles.com, on Twitter @Kimchi_Cuddles, or email her at email@example.com.
To hear the podcast, go to the Podcast link here and subscribe to the Loving Without Boundaries podcast, and check out Episode 77 with Tikva. Also, please help spread awareness of alternative lifestyles and create more tolerance for consensual non-monogamy in the world at large by Rating and Reviewing the Loving Without Boundaries podcast in iTunes. It only takes a few minutes.
If you would like to be interviewed either in written form or via audio on the podcast, please feel free to contact me and we will set something up. Thank you!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT OFFER – We continue to have some exciting goings on here at Loving Without Boundaries (LWB). We now have exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page for those who choose to become a patron. Please visit the link to check out how you can come join the party over at Patreon! Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Want to dig deeper into the community and your fellow poly folk? Right on, let’s do it! Want free coaching sessions? It’s all there! Come join us, and enjoy exclusive content made just for you, our patrons of this work!
1) Coup/3 Goals (Chicago, Illinois), April through June, 2018 – This workshop series is focused on the various ideals of navigating one’s personal journey in relationships, and the freedom of love and happiness created in non-traditional dynamics. Click the link above to learn more, register, and see more about other events in the series! Here is the Facebook page about the events. Stay tuned for a podcast interview with creator Emily Dahlquist, as well as recordings of my panel with Ruby Johnson at the first workshop!
2) Namasgay (Seattle, Washington) with Frank Marci: April 20–22, 2018 — Hey spiritually-minded LGBTQ friends — big news! I was selected as a speaker for the upcoming Namasgay Summit this April 20-22 in Seattle and would love for you to join us! The Summit will feature some highly-acclaimed LGBTQ spiritual leaders that will share insights for you to start living with deeper meaning and purpose. The Summit is a gathering of soulful, positive LGBTQ people and a great opportunity to make new, life-long connections. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, grab your seat before they fill up at www.namasgay.com/pages/summit. SPECIAL OFFER: If you use the code “KITTY” at checkout, you’ll receive 25% off registration! I hope you can join us for what will be a fun and transformative weekend! If you have any specific questions, you can direct them to Frank Macri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) RelateCon (Boise, Idaho): April 27–29, 2018 — RelateCon provides a unique and supportive gathering place for polyamorous people to connect as a community through educational workshops, social spaces, and opportunities for networking. The core value of this conference is to empower healthy relationships across a myriad of configurations. I will be giving two presentations at this year’s RelateCon: “The Effects of ‘The Poly Closet’ on Metamours, Ex-metamours, and Pivot Partners” and a brand new workshop based on my “Jealousy Survival Guide.” I hope to see you there!
4) Atlanta Poly Weekend (Atlanta, GA): June 1–3, 2018 – Atlanta Poly Weekend is a three day conference for polyamorous people and their supporters. It is hosted by Relationship Equality Foundation, a 501(c)(3) where I am proud to be an Outreach Representative. Atlanta Poly Weekend is a family-friendly three day conference focusing on ewww.ducation, activism, and social networking for polyamorous people and their supporters. This year’s conference will take place at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel. I applied to be a presenter and will hear by the month’s end if I am selected. Here’s to hoping that I get a chance to visit this amazing and super cool city again, and meet get to see any of you there who are attending this great event! Pre-registration is $80 per adult and $25 per child – which is super affordable. (These prices will be higher at registration)
5) Upcoming Book Release: Do you like to nerd out on relationships? Are you looking for practical tools you can use to improve communication, decrease jealousy, and increase fun? Building Open Relationships by @sexpospsych is for you! https://igg.me/at/buildopen
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness,
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)