Cheers Sexy People!
Hello, Loving Without Boundaries (LWB) community! My heart goes out to you during these challenging times. I hope you are doing your best to keep safe. Sharing inspirational stories of hope, inclusion, and healthy lifestyles are more important than ever. If you are looking for ways to connect loved ones you are separated from, check out this blog post that I shared recently. On to another inspiring story…
I am very excited to share my latest podcast interview that I released recently with the lovely and inspiring Leya Tanit, founder of PineappleSupport.org. She records this with me while she was at the W in Los Angeles at a conference called Straight Up Gay (LGBTQ) Summit where she was speaking about a mental health charity that she created, Pineapple Support. Leya is super passionate about making mental healthcare much more accessible for the LGBTQ+ and adult entertainment industry, which is often stigmatized and discriminated against. Leya is so excited about the work that she is doing, that she never dreamed that she would be doing if you had asked her five years ago. What a busy lady Leya is! I was so honored that she took time out of her busy three week traveling schedule (back when we could travel easily) to share her message. There is so much stigma and misconceptions associated with those in the adult industry, and Leya wanted to create a non-profit organization to provided mental healthcare to these folks who desperately need help. Leya was truly devastated with the loss of lives of those struggling with depression, then the resulting drug overdoses and suicides in the adult industry that she just knew she HAD to do something. They are currently looking for more therapists to add to their team. Her ultimate vision is for anyone who feels alone and is mentally or emotionally struggling within the adult industry to know that they can turn to Pineapple Support and be tended to with love and care. Leya, I am so impressed by you and your passion to support folks in the adult industry to get proper mental healthcare that they desperately need. This is such an important mission, and I truly respect the work that Leya is doing at PineappleSupport.org.
Here is Leya Tanit’s Bio:
Involved in the adult industry since 2010, Leya, deeply affected by the devastating and unnecessary loss of lives in late 2017-2018, decided to step up and take action. Her passion to ensure quality mental health care is available to all persons working in the adult entertainment industry, combined with her previous experience in business management and operations are the driving force behind Pineapple Support.
Some topics we discuss in this fun, informative, and entertaining interview:
- Leya shares why she loves and has always been a part of the adult entertainment industry, starting pole dancing at age 18.
- Her lightbulb moment started with her obsession and fascination with sex even in her youth, and never being part of the “in crowd”. Many thought of her as “weird.”
- Leya comes upon her deep fascination honestly as her great aunt was a Dominatrix, and Leya followed suit around age 28. She dove into her training accepting the responsibility of her client’s care as being the Dominatrix’s responsibility. She took this very seriously.
- Leya shares her journey to confidence and rising above the “you are not good enough” or “you are weird” messages that she received early on. She now has finally found her tribe and has achieved self-love and radical self-acceptance, all while blossoming into her best self.
- Did you know that “Pineapple” is the number one safe word used in the USA? Leya shares the funny story about how she came up with the name Pineapple Support for her charity.
- Do you know what the most common types of mental healthcare that recipients require? Leya discusses this in our interview, including depression, anxiety, and relationship problems. Truth be told, those are the same type of struggles that most human beings have, illustrating our shared humanity. Many folks in the adult industry feel isolated and alone on their journey to live an authentic life while making a living.
- Leya vulnerably shares how incredibly difficult it is to maintain a healthy relationship working in the adult industry, partly due to being fetish-ized.
- Tune in to listen to this fantastic podcast episode! – I learn a new word in this episode. Tune in to find out!
Thank you, Leya, for being so awesomely generous with your time, for your passion helping provide access to quality mental healthcare for those in the adult entertainment industry, and for sharing your wisdom and insights with us via the podcast interview! It was enlightening, entertaining, and so fun! Follow Leya’s work at PineappleSupport.org, and offer your therapeutic services or donate at PineappleSuppoert.org/volunteer. They are desperately looking for more volunteers, especially therapists.
To hear the podcast, go to the Podcast link here and subscribe to the Loving Without Boundaries podcast, then check out Episode 145 with Leya. Also, please help spread awareness of alternative lifestyles and create more tolerance for consensual non-monogamy in the world at large by Rating and Reviewing the LWB podcast in iTunes. It only takes a few minutes.
If you would like to be interviewed either in written form or via audio on the podcast, please feel free to contact me and we will set something up. Thank you!
The Loving Without Boundaries podcast is sponsored by AltPlayground.net.
I recently have had the honor of being featured on this awesome podcast:
Check it out! We talk about all things jealousy, consensual non-monogamy, and living an alternative lifestyle while maintaining healthy relationships. Tune in to find out more!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT OFFER – We have exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page. Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Right on, let’s do it! Want monthly “Hangouts” with yours truly and other patrons? Cool! Let’s do it! It’s all there! Come join us, and enjoy exclusive content made just for you, our patrons of this work!
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY ONLINE
Free LWB Facebook Group for Healthy, Sex Positive, Open Relationships — Ready to explore healthy, connected (and virtually jealousy-free) open relationships? It’s all possible – especially when surrounded by a community of people already doing it. There’s an abundance of rock star information posted in the group daily by our amazing members. We create a safe place to engage that’s fun and thrilling! Click here and request to join our free group!
UPCOMING POLY-FRIENDLY EVENTS
PolyDallas Millennium 2020 — Virtual Conference, November 6–8, 2020. Come join me and other amazing folks at this year’s PolyDallas! I will be there signing copies of my book, recording podcast interviews, and generally supporting the amazing founder Ruby B. Johnson.
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)
Need more specific help aligning your relationships with who you are?
** Discover Your Core Values & Create More Meaning in Your Love Life **
Are you feeling a little lost, challenged, or uninspired in your relationships and would love some guidance on your journey?
Our Free Breakthrough Session Call is a great place to start your path of discovery, so you can have more loving and intimate relationships that inspire you! Whether you’re already non-monogamous, involved with someone who is, or “poly-curious” and wondering if non-monogamy might be right for you, I work with people struggling with every aspect of multiple intimate relationships.