Cheers Sexy People!
I am so so excited to share my latest podcast interview with you that I recently recorded with my dear friend, teacher, and colleague, Frank Macri — creator of the Namasgay movement and Summit (April 20–22 in Seattle, WA). Frank is one of my favorite people on the planet that I feel so blessed to have welcomed into my life when I started my coaching certification journey. Frank taught our first “module” that I took in Philadelphia (my hometown) back in July in 2016 alongside the lead trainer, Cindy Gardner (also amazing!). I loved Frank’s teaching style and energy right away, so I approached him at the first break to ask him a very vulnerable question that I discuss in this enlightening and inspiring interview. He held a beautiful space for me, actively listened to my concern, and gave me great guidance and a warm, compassionate response that filled my soul with joy! I think I fell in love right there, and we have had a blossoming friendship as well as business relationship ever since. We are both so very passionate about what we do. Our work overlaps in the sense that we both are serving under-served communities that are a part of the larger LGBTQ+ community. My work focuses more on sex positivity and polyamory, but we both focus much of our work on living an authentic life despite the odds and the challenges of being a sexual minority, and still rocking it! Challenges are simply another opportunity for personal growth. Frank! I love you, man! I am honored and delighted to be a part of your transformational summit this coming April! The work you are doing is so very needed right now! Keep rocking it like I know you will, and know that I ALWAYS have your back.
Here is Frank’s Bio:
Frank Macri is a highly-acclaimed business coach and leadership development trainer who has invested in the professional development of over 1,000 high-performing leaders and purpose-driven entrepreneurs seeking to create thriving businesses or become influential leaders in their organizations.
Frank is more recently recognized as the president and founder of a mindful LGBTQ community called Namasgay. Namasgay is a growing movement of thousands of LGBTQ people seeking spiritual awareness and deeper connection to themselves to others. Namasgay offers an annual three-day Summit, local social events, and virtual master-classes that bring together the queer spiritual community in transformative and fun ways.
— What was Frank’s lightbulb moment in conceiving Namasgay?
— What does Frank mean when he uses the term “bitchslap”? 🙂
— What is Frank so darn excited about with Namasgay? And how do we get us some of that?
— What impact does he hope it will have locally and in the world?
— What cities has Namasgay already had an influence, and how is the Summit different from these localized gatherings?
— Who the Namasgay movement is truly intended to serve and how he intends it to help them on their respective journey?
— Why is NOW the best time for the Namasgay event more than ever?
— How does Namasgay hold a space for this under-served community to express their own vulnerability?
— What Frank used to judge about himself as he was growing up?
— Where does the minority of the polyamorous or those practicing some form of consensual non-monogamy fit into this community?
BONUS! I was completely honored to be interviewed by Frank as one of his speakers at the Namasgay event! We had what I thought was an awesome and fun conversation about spirituality, what I’ll be talking about at the summit (Spoiler Alert: It’s about Sex Positivity!), what does it mean to live “on purpose”, what I used to judge about myself but now embrace, and so much more! Come check out the video complete with an insider’s view of me inside my home office! Haha!
What is it?
The Namasgay Summit is a 3-day transformational and fun experience for those wanting to connect with themselves and others on a deeper level. Several highly-acclaimed LGBTQ leaders, including a Hollywood actress, a best-selling author, several entrepreneurs, and other spiritual speakers will be presenting. The Summit is a gathering of soulful, positive LGBTQ people and a great opportunity to make new, life-long connections.
Who is it for?
- Those curious about exploring spirituality and incorporating it more into their lives
- Those on a search for meaning and self-discovery
- Those wanting to reflect and learn about themselves personally and spiritually
- Those wanting to connect with like-minded individuals that value compassion and growth
- Those seeking clarity and peace at a time of change and uncertainty
- Those not into the bar or club scene and wanting to meet others in a drug-free, positive atmosphere
- Those fed up with online dating and wanting to have conversations with depth
- Those seeking to be a part of a conscious, inspiring community
- Those wanting to share meaningful experiences and ideas with others
Thank you Frank, for being so awesomely generous with your time, for your amazing work surrounding mental health, sexuality and relationships, and for sharing your thoughts, wisdom and insights with us via the podcast interview! It was informative, inspirational, and so fun! Learn more about the Namasgay Summit, as well as enjoy a special 25% discount on tickets by using the code KITTY at registration as a thank you for being a beloved member of our Loving Without Boundaries community. Thank you, Frank! Very generous of you! Lastly here is the Namasgay Facebook group if you would like to join.
To hear the podcast, go to the Podcast link here and subscribe to the Loving Without Boundaries podcast, and check out Episode 75 with Frank. Also, please help spread awareness of alternative lifestyles and create more tolerance for consensual non-monogamy in the world at large by Rating and Reviewing the Loving Without Boundaries podcast in iTunes. It only takes a few minutes.
If you would like to be interviewed either in written form or via audio on the podcast, please feel free to contact me and we will set something up. Thank you!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT OFFER – We continue to have some exciting goings on here at Loving Without Boundaries (LWB). We now have exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page for those who choose to become a patron. Please visit the link to check out how you can come join the party over at Patreon! Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Want to dig deeper into the community and your fellow poly folk? Right on, let’s do it! Want free coaching sessions? It’s all there! Come join us, and enjoy exclusive content made just for you, our patrons of this work!
1) Coup/3 Goals (Chicago, Illinois) with Ruby Johnson: Friday, March 23, 2018, 7–10pm, Reunion Chicago – Just Confirmed! I am thrilled to be co-presenting with Ruby Johnson (creator of PolyDallas Millennium) at this first of its kind event! This initial workshop date is the first of a four month series focused on the various ideals of navigating one’s personal journey in relationships, and the freedom of love and happiness created in non-traditional dynamics. Click the link above to learn more, register, and see more about other events in the series! Here is the Facebook page about this event.
NOTE: There is an exciting raffle for this event! There will be three gift bags filled with fun surprises from the sponsors. All proceeds go to thte cost of travel and accommodations for the presenters in this series, including yours included. Click here for details on this cool raffle! Thank you very much, mah people!
2) RelateCon (Boise, Idaho): April 27–29, 2018 — RelateCon provides a unique and supportive gathering place for polyamorous people to connect as a community through educational workshops, social spaces, and opportunities for networking. The core value of this conference is to empower healthy relationships across a myriad of configurations. I will be giving two presentations at this year’s RelateCon: “The Effects of ‘The Poly Closet’ on Metamours, Ex-metamours, and Pivot Partners” and a brand new workshop based on my “Jealousy Survival Guide.” I hope to see you there!
3) Atlanta Poly Weekend (Atlanta, GA): June 1–3, 2018 – Atlanta Poly Weekend is a three day conference for polyamorous people and their supporters. It is hosted by Relationship Equality Foundation, a 501(c)(3) where I am proud to be an Outreach Representative. Atlanta Poly Weekend is a family-friendly three day conference focusing on ewww.ducation, activism, and social networking for polyamorous people and their supporters. This year’s conference will take place at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel. I applied to be a presenter and will hear by the month’s end if I am selected. Here’s to hoping that I get a chance to visit this amazing and super cool city again, and meet get to see any of you there who are attending this great event! Pre-registration is $80 per adult and $25 per child – which is super affordable. (These prices will be higher at registration)
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness,
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)