Cheers Sexy People!
Hello, Loving Without Boundaries (LWB) community! My heart goes out to you during these challenging times. I hope you are doing your best to keep safe. Sharing inspirational stories of hope, inclusion, and healthy lifestyles are more important than ever. If you are looking for ways to connect loved ones you are separated from, check out this blog post that I shared recently. On to another inspiring story…
I am so thrilled to share my latest podcast interview that I released this week with the amazing and lovely Marie D’Elephant. This spectacular human being reached out to me last year via email, and shared her beautiful light with me, and now I am honored and so excited to share the light with you, our listeners. Marie has a BIG passion for helping people recover from religious upbringings that no longer suit them as adults, as well as helping people navigate non-monogamy. When she opened her marriage, she threw myself into ethical non-monogamy, read all the books, and experienced all the jealousy. It was such a learning experience for her. And she continues to learn every day! One of the main concepts that she loves is “You are autonomous, and so is everyone else!” She believes in the personal need and right of autonomy… to choose to be monogamous, or non-monogamous… to choose share your body or not. Her passion shines through on this fantastic and wicked smart interview. Marie, the world is a better place with you in it! Thank you for shining a light on our autonomous nature, our humanity, all while taking the shame away from asserting ourselves and standing in our power! Yes!
Here is Marie D’Elephant’s Bio:
Marie D’Elephant is the host of the “Everyone’s Autonomous” podcast, a show that explores how to reclaim one’s autonomy and support the autonomy of others after questioning or leaving restrictive, controlling narratives that come from some religions and much of culture.
Some topics we discuss in this fun, informative, and entertaining interview:
- Marie shares about her background, where she grew up, her religious background (a missionary in Mexico) that led to where she is now: An Atheist.
- Share shares what brought her to where she is today: A non-monogamy coach who specializes in helping folks get past their religious trauma. That journey lead her through “purity culture” back in the 90s – all while she was both horny and insecure. What a wild ride!
- “Jesus is the ultimate aphrodisiac” was a concept that she held back at an earlier age. She also had internalized beliefs about her worth, that lead her to live in terror, thinking she was “a piece of trash”.
- Marie shares the bravest thing she ever did — face hell! She leaned into her doubts and faced then head on.
- Her path to ethical non-monogamy partly came out of her desire to purge the narrative of internalized misogyny and puritanical culture. Fascinating! Marie felt like she needed to “perform sex” versus enjoy sex herself back when she was married for five years.
- A safe place to FEEL your trauma was one way she navigated her past.
- Marie shared a hilarious story about how she created a spreadsheet when she went on a dating exploration adventure! How interesting!
- Jealousy was something that Marie struggled with for about a year and a half with her husband. On the other side of it, Marie found self-love! Yay! Jealousy actually taught her how to love herself. So beautiful.
- Tune in to listen to this fantastic podcast episode! – I learn a new word in this episode. Tune in to find out!
Thank you, Marie, for being so awesomely generous with your time, for your powerful and transformative work helping folks through religious trauma, and for sharing your wisdom and insights with us via the podcast interview! It was enlightening, entertaining, and so fun! Follow Marie’s work at her two websites everyonesautonomous.com and mariedelephant.com.
To hear the podcast, go to the Podcast link here and subscribe to the Loving Without Boundaries podcast, then check out Episode 144 with Marie. Also, please help spread awareness of alternative lifestyles and create more tolerance for consensual non-monogamy in the world at large by Rating and Reviewing the LWB podcast in iTunes. It only takes a few minutes.
If you would like to be interviewed either in written form or via audio on the podcast, please feel free to contact me and we will set something up. Thank you!
The Loving Without Boundaries podcast is sponsored by AltPlayground.net.
I recently have had the honor of being featured on this awesome podcast:
Check it out! We talk about all things jealousy, consensual non-monogamy, and living an alternative lifestyle while maintaining healthy relationships. Tune in to find out more!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT OFFER – We have exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page. Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Right on, let’s do it! Want monthly “Hangouts” with yours truly and other patrons? Cool! Let’s do it! It’s all there! Come join us, and enjoy exclusive content made just for you, our patrons of this work!
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY ONLINE
Free LWB Facebook Group for Healthy, Sex Positive, Open Relationships — Ready to explore healthy, connected (and virtually jealousy-free) open relationships? It’s all possible – especially when surrounded by a community of people already doing it. There’s an abundance of rock star information posted in the group daily by our amazing members. We create a safe place to engage that’s fun and thrilling! Click here and request to join our free group!
UPCOMING POLY-FRIENDLY EVENTS
PolyDallas Millennium 2020 — Virtual Conference, November 6–8, 2020. Come join me and other amazing folks at this year’s PolyDallas! I will be there signing copies of my book, recording podcast interviews, and generally supporting the amazing founder Ruby B. Johnson.
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)
Need more specific help aligning your relationships with who you are?
** Discover Your Core Values & Create More Meaning in Your Love Life **
Are you feeling a little lost, challenged, or uninspired in your relationships and would love some guidance on your journey?
Our Free Breakthrough Session Call is a great place to start your path of discovery, so you can have more loving and intimate relationships that inspire you! Whether you’re already non-monogamous, involved with someone who is, or “poly-curious” and wondering if non-monogamy might be right for you, I work with people struggling with every aspect of multiple intimate relationships.