Cheers Sexy People!
I am so flipping stoked to share my latest podcast interview that I just released with sexologist, and coach, and co-founder of the Sex Down South conference (which is this September 5–7 in Atlanta, Georgia), Marla Renee Stewart. I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Marla at this year’s second Southwest Love Fest when she was on the panel for Dirty Lola’s “Sex Ed. A Go-Go” that Saturday night. I was super impressed with her hilarity, her intelligence, and her overall easy-going and fun persona. Nice! Marla keeps herself busy with teaching at universities, running her own sexuality education business, doing research for non-profit organizations, and sits on various panels and boards for companies. You know… just a normal day for Marla. 🙂 Wow! Amazing! Marla, thanks for being such a courageous and hard-working trail blazer and for all of the magnificent and much-needed work that you are doing! I love it! Keep going like I know you will!
Here is Marla Renee Stewart’s bio:
Marla Renee Stewart, MA is a professional sex, intimacy and relationship coach, sexologist, and sex educator. Not only is she a Lecturer at Clayton State University, she is also the Co-Founder of the Sex Down South Conference and the Sexual Liberation Collective. She also created the sexual education company, Velvet Lips, 9 years ago to empower people of all ages to embrace, educate and enjoy their sexuality and their sexual lives.
Some topics we discuss in this educational, fun, and fascinating interview:
— Marla shares how she is passionate about helping folks with seduction, communication, sex skills and their sexual confidence. Nice!
— Her lightbulb moment for when she realized that she would not fit the stereotypical hetero-normative relationships was around age 16 when she had her first girlfriend. The story is quite hilarious and interesting when she mentions talking to her mother about this revelation!
— Marla explains how she was really “out” epicly from the beginning describing herself as “super queer” right out of the gate even before college.
— She realized from an early age also that she wanted to have a non-monogamous relationship structure, thus she was not straight or monogamous. The relationship with Marla’s mother sounds pretty marvelous and amazing. So lovely and inspiring!
— To Marla, being brave and authentic is the “only way to be!” YES! I love it!
— Some of the challenges that Marla had in her relationships were when she first opened up an intimate relationship. Marla shares some of the pitfalls and mistakes that she made during this opening up process, and what she learned from all of that (eg. boundary setting, time management, “Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell” epiphanies). Very illuminating and vulnerable.
— Marla is one of the rare breeds who is a “compersion-person” who LOVES to feel compersion for her partners while they experience joy in their partners. She has often had to sift through experiencing jealousy from her partners with them.
— Congratulations are in order as Marla is a newlywed! Her and her wife are enjoying their honeymoon period together!
— Velvet Lips is Marla’s outstanding sexuality education company that focuses on assisting marginalized populations. Some of her popular classes are the spanking/slapping/choking, g-spot squirting, pussy pleasing, blog job, and dick teasing classes, as well as assisting communication and seduction skills.
— Tune in to listen to this awesome podcast episode!
Thank you Marla, for being so awesomely generous with your time, for orchestrating the upcoming Sex Down South conference, and for sharing your wisdom and insights with us via the podcast interview! It was enlightening, deeply informative, and so fascinating! Follow her work and adventures at velvetlipsllc.com, sexdownsouth.com, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @velvetlipssxed, or email her at email@example.com.
To hear the podcast, go to the Podcast link here and subscribe to the Loving Without Boundaries podcast, then check out Episode 118 with Marla. Also, please help spread awareness of alternative lifestyles and create more tolerance for consensual non-monogamy in the world at large by Rating and Reviewing the Loving Without Boundaries podcast in iTunes. It only takes a few minutes.
If you would like to be interviewed either in written form or via audio on the podcast, please feel free to contact me and we will set something up. Thank you!
1. SEXY SUMMER GIVEAWAY —> LWB PODCAST CONTEST for NEW or UPGRADED PATRONS
We have some exciting goings on here at Loving Without Boundaries (LWB). We offer exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page for those who choose to become a patron. I have updated our awesome offerings to give you even more value. I invite you to check out how you can come join the party over at Patreon! Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Want to dig deeper into the community and your fellow poly folk? Right on, let’s do it! Want free coaching sessions? It’s all there! Read on to find out more…
OUR BIG AUDACIOUS GOAL: To get to $250 a month to help cover the cost of broadcasting fees and our amazing sound engineer. Once we reach this milestone, I will be doing the happy dance! I’ll even video it for our new patrons! Yes that’s right! I’ll video me jumping up and down celebrating YOU and helping us get to this important milestone for the podcast. Go to this post to learn find out how you can win prizes by becoming a patron and supporting the continuation of this work.
2. GUEST PODCAST APPEARANCES
I recently have had the honor of being featured on three other podcasts:
Curios Fox Podcast – Episode 4 on Metamours (Your Lover’s Lover) – which was recorded live in Brooklyn, NY
Seek, Discover, Create with Lexi Sylver
Core Confidence Life with Dennis Sumlin
With PolyAnna, Episode 7 – which was recorded live at Southwest Love Fest 2019, which was attended by Marla!
Check them out! We talk about all things jealousy, consensual non-monogamy, and living an alternative lifestyle while maintaining healthy relationships. On “With PolyAnna”, I vulnerably share a story about why pole dancing changed my life! Tune in to find out more!
EXCLUSIVE CONTENT OFFER – We continue to have some exciting goings on here at Loving Without Boundaries (LWB). We now have exclusive content for you via the LWB podcast and my Patreon page for those who choose to become a patron. Please visit the link to check out how you can come join the party over at Patreon! Want to hear more from our amazing interviewees? You got it! Want to dig deeper into the community and your fellow poly folk? Right on, let’s do it! Want monthly “Hangouts” with yours truly and other patrons? Cool! Let’s do it! It’s all there! Come join us, and enjoy exclusive content made just for you, our patrons of this work!
NOTE: Monthly group “hangout” and coaching calls for all of our podcast patrons at any level are under way. If you are supporting the podcast, I am supporting you on your journey. Come join us and meet like-minded folks on the same journey you are!
UPCOMING POLYAMOROUS-FRIENDLY EVENTS
1) Free LWB Facebook Group for Healthy, Sex Positive, Open Relationships — Ready to explore healthy, deeply connected (and virtually jealousy-free) open relationships? It’s all possible – especially when surrounded by a community of people already doing it. Many in newly open relationships experience roller coaster emotions of jealousy, insecurity, and feel alone on their journey. That’s why I created this free Facebook group where people are coming together to share actionable tips for succeeding in multiple loving relationships, explore deeper love, and find mutual understanding and support. There’s an abundance of rock star information posted in the group daily by our amazing members. We create a safe place to engage that’s fun and thrilling! Click here and request to join our free group!
2) Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit (SFS), Alexandria, Virginia, August 15–18, 2019 — The Sexual Freedom Summit features human rights activists, sexuality educators and researchers, professionals from the legal and medical fields, authors, sexual freedom movement leaders and organizational partners all working toward the time when sexual freedom is fully recognized as a fundamental human right. This Summit is for EVERYONE interested in learning about the issues in the realm of sexual freedom, advancing their current knowledge and in gaining the tools to actually create the change we need to accomplish. I hope to see you there! ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be doing a live LWB podcast recording Thursday evening, August 15th around 7pm in Alexandria, VA with special guests Ruby Johnson, Gloria Jackson-Nefertiti. There may even be a surprise special guest! CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Limited seating!
3) Endless Poly Summer, West Virginia, August 16–21, 2019 — New to polyamory? A polyam pro, but open to new connections? Poly-saturated, but looking for community? It’s all here in WV at Endless Poly Summer (https://cfnc.us/endlesspoly/) every August. Family friendly with a focus on self-discovery, intimacy building, boundaries, with a healthy dose of nature, cuddle piles, and deep conversations. This is a chance to meet other poly people at a deeper level, learn the skills needed to improve your relationships, and become a part of a supportive network of people with common values.
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)
Need more specific help aligning your relationships with who you are?
** Discover Your Core Values & Create More Meaning in Your Love Life **
Are you feeling a little lost, challenged, or uninspired in your relationships and would love some guidance on your journey?
Our Free Breakthrough Session Call is a great place to start your path of discovery, so you can have more loving and intimate relationships that inspire you! And our “Discover Your Path to Fulfillment in Open Relationships” coaching packages are a deeper-dive into the topic of self-discovery with alternative relationships, with a one-on-one guide to achieve maximum results in your life. Whether you’re already non-monogamous, involved with someone who is, or “poly-curious” and wondering if non-monogamy might be right for you, I work with people struggling with every aspect of multiple intimate relationships.