Cheers Sexy People!
Wow wow WOW! Unbelievably, two and a half weeks after all of the attendees, decorations, fun schwagg, and everything and everyone else has already gone home, I am STILL on a high from this past year’s Beyond The Love conference. To say my mind was blown and my heart full is such an understatement. Every single thing about this year’s event exceeded any modest expectations I may have had. I always try to go into this – a polyamory conference that I look forward to every single year – with an open mind and a ready-to-receive-unknown-gifts heart. This year in particular was like no other for me. Why? There are so many reasons. I’ll list a few for you now:
FIVE REASONS BTL18 TOTALLY BLEW MY SOCKS OFF!
- FAMILY! Both of my beloved partners were there with me. This was the first time my entire family of three adults (myself, my husband, my beloved) was with me at a conference where I was presenting. They did it for love/me because I asked them, and also because they wanted to support me and my work. I felt so cherished and overjoyed to have them both there. I’m tearing up even now as I write this. Ahhhh love makes the world go round! So much love!
- FRIENDS! This was my fourth time in a row attending (and supporting!) BTL. So at this point, I have friends that I have the honor and excitement to see there every year (including many of the local staff). But also there were MANY first timers there this year, as well as thought leaders that I have been following, have worked with, and admire that I had the privilege of meeting in person for the first time. There is NOTHING like building community live.
COMMUNITY! Speaking of community and building our tribe, we held the first ever Loving Without Boundaries official meetup! I am so proud of this community that is six years strong now, and we continue to grow. Big thanks to my administrator Ed H. for organizing this fun and special event! I even created a custom designed flag for the occasion. Every community and movement needs a flag, right? Well we have one now. Whoot! Part of my mission with Loving Without Boundaries is the belief that we all have a fundamental human right to sexual freedom and relationship equality – loving WHO you want HOW you want. I truly believe that we can improve the quality of our lives by improving the quality of our relationships, starting with the relationship to ourselves. Love yourself first and all else fits into place.
- WICKED SMART PRESENTERS! When I saw that Franklin Veaux was presenting, I can’t describe how excited I was! I have been hoping to meet Franklin in person for years now! I was humbled by having him come on my LWB podcast in the early days. I kept missing my chance to see him when I was in Portland. Franklin is just as sweet, sincere, respectful as well as hilarious in person as he is in his writing and on our podcast conversations. I also thoroughly enjoyed his presentation “Healthy Poly Relationships”. Truly epic and wise sharing created from some hard-earned bruises and dents. Another amazing human that I got to meet: Zach Budd. Colleague and friend Ruby Johnson (founder of PolyDallas Millennium) pre-introduced Zach to me cyberly, and I also realized he is member of our LWB community! Well Zach gave an illuminating, enthusiastic, and well thought-out presentation on consent: “The Five Pillars Upon Which to Build Consent.” I highly recommend this workshop as well as any other workshops by this dedicated human. Also I highly enjoyed a workshop given by Jessica Cooley entitled: “Couples Transitioning from Monogamy to Polyamory and Staying Together.” I recognized Jessica as an attendee of one of my workshops (Thank you, Jessica!). Well frankly, I was blown away by Jessica’s. Her presentation was beautiful, her information dead on and kickass, her delivery wonderful. Way to go, Jessica! You got my vote for attending future presentations! So happy to have met you. Stay tuned for upcoming podcasts with all three of these amazing rock stars! NOTE: The LWB Podcast will soon have it’s 100th episode and we will be offering new excellent benefits for patrons, and have fun Giveaways/Contests!
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS MAGIC! I had the absolute honor and privilege of being asked to deliver the keynote address. I thought about it for exactly two seconds and said an enthusiastic YES! (Zach Budd would be so proud). I knew it would be a challenge, but I was up for it. The chance to share what I hoped was an inspiring story with almost 300 attendees to help get them pumped for three days of magic at Beyond The Love? You betcha! Let me at it! I had the framework for the talk done almost immediately: Three points about how to get the most out of the weekend held together with a superhero theme. The most challenging part was shaving my own story down into five minutes, while still retaining what I thought were key points — one of the biggest being that my story is simply only ONE of the incredibly inspiring stories in the room – a story of courage wrapped up pain, and forging ahead more purpose-driven than ever after trauma. We are ALL the heroes of our own journey. As I practiced the speech after dropping my beloved off to work earlier that week, and began weeping in the car, I knew I had done it. I had gotten to the heart of my TRUTH, and I hoped it would touch even one person in the crowd. Well guess what? It did, as evidenced by a standing ovation at the end of the short speech. But don’t take my word for it. I am blessed to have received these messages…
Some testimonials for Beyond The Love Conference keynote address, 9 Nov 2018:
“In a short 12-minute time slot, Kitty Chambliss presented a message that was intimate, inspiring, inclusive, and substantial. It was, frankly, the best keynote address I’ve ever heard. In the end, the attendees were on their feet with their applause.” — Lightfoot, BTL Attendee
“Kitty Chambliss delivered exactly what we needed and more! Our attendees, laughed, cried and were inspired. They went off into the event feeling ready to learn, grow and have lots of fun. Who could ask for more?” — Beyond The Love Producers
“Thank you for recognizing the importance of connection and significant difficulty and danger of loneliness.” — BTL Attendee, BBQL
“Your speech was SUPER and your dynamic with your partners was beautiful to watch. Thank you for your time and energy – I look forward to reading your book and appreciated your gifts to everyone.” — BTL Attendee, S.J.
“When the keynote speaker stood up at the end of her presentation with her family, I caught a brief glimpse of a world that never was, but maybe one day will be. A world where politicians proudly present their multiple lovers, where children grow up with strength and enough love to go around, and where each group of people are stronger and better able to face the world as heroes, instead of weakened by artificial divisions. I think that this small glimpse of a better world was what moved us to give the standing ovation. It was a special moment!” — BTL Attendee, Anonymous Suggestion Box Note
I am humbled, tickled, and so damn grateful for the kind words above. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to ALL of the attendees of Beyond The Love for helping this gal feel welcome all of these years, for opening your hearts to my message, and for being the superheroes that you already are. Be brave, be authentic, BE YOU! Sending big love to you all, and see you next year!
1) Free LWB Facebook Group for Healthy, Sex Positive, Open Relationships — Ready to explore healthy, deeply connected (and virtually jealousy-free) open relationships? It’s all possible – especially when surrounded by a community of people already doing it. Many in newly open relationships experience roller coaster emotions of jealousy, insecurity, and feel alone on their journey. That’s why I created this free Facebook group where people are coming together to share actionable tips for succeeding in multiple loving relationships, explore deeper love, and find mutual understanding and support. There’s an abundance of rock star information posted in the group daily by our amazing members. We create a safe place to engage that’s fun and thrilling! Click here and request to join our free group!
2) Southwest Love Fest (SWLF), Tucson, Arizona, March 29–31, 2019 — “The Southwest Love Fest is a weekend conference on consensual non-monogamy held annually in Tucson, AZ with opportunities to learn, share and connect with other like-minded people. We had a hugely successful 1st year in 2018 and plan to make it even better for 2019! Taking what we learned this past year, 2019 is set to be even more radical, thought-provoking, and transformational. SWLF is an open space to find community and learn from others’ diverse relationship experiences.” NOTE: I will there presenting two workshops (“Jealousy Survival Guide” and “Sex Positivity”) at SWLF 2019! Come join us at this fun polyamorous conference! AND presenter mentioned above, Zach Budd will be there as well!
3) Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit (SFS), Alexandria, Virginia, August 15–18, 2019 —The Sexual Freedom Summit features human rights activists, sexuality educators and researchers, professionals from the legal and medical fields, authors, sexual freedom movement leaders and organizational partners all working toward the time when sexual freedom is fully recognized as a fundamental human right. This Summit is for EVERYONE interested in learning about the issues in the realm of sexual freedom, advancing their current knowledge and in gaining the tools to actually create the change we need to accomplish. I already have my ticket! I hope to see you there!
See you on the flip side, lovely community! Keep being brave, compassionately vulnerable, and uniquely and authentically you!
Wishing you peace, love and happiness,
(and thrilling, fun sex too!)
Kitty Chambliss, ACC, CPC, ELI-MP
Need more specific help aligning your relationships with who you are?
** Discover Your Core Values & Create More Meaning in Your Love Life **
Are you feeling a little lost, challenged, or uninspired in your relationships and would love some guidance on your journey?
Our Free Breakthrough Session Call is a great place to start your path of discovery, so you can have more loving and intimate relationships that inspire you! And our “Discover Your Path to Fulfillment in Open Relationships” coaching packages are a deeper-dive into the topic of self-discovery with alternative relationships, with a one-on-one guide to achieve maximum results in your life. Whether you’re already non-monogamous, involved with someone who is, or “poly-curious” and wondering if non-monogamy might be right for you, I work with people struggling with every aspect of multiple intimate relationships.